Scalability for a Taxi Buying & Consumer Financing Industry Leader
An international company whose offerings include taxi buying, loans, and insurance approached us with a request to develop a scalable test automation solution suitable for various environments.
The main focus of the company’s activity is consumer financing and lending services. The system includes several web applications that let you set up and control a full cycle of business processes, making sure that your key targets are met.
The company decided to partner with IBA Group based on feedback from a large bank, for which we had successfully implemented an automated functional testing project before.
The company’s system itself is a large-scale application with numerous business functions. Its automated scripts were aimed to solve the following problems:
- Long time dedicated to running regression testing
- The need to test applications on several environments and browsers
- High load on the QA team, who spent lots of time, effort, and consequently, money on manual tests
- Ever-growing testing expenditures that arose from the previous point
- Lack of timely and comprehensive reporting of test results
- Investigation of tasks and the tech used to develop the system as a set of applications interconnected via a single business logic. For example, the first application sees the order being placed, the second one sees the manager process it, while the third automatically generates the corresponding agreement
- Selection of a proper tech stack and QA testing tools in order to build the testing automation process
- Development of a BDD methodology-based test framework allowing the design testing of E2E scenarios and ensuring test data transferability across applications is integrated within the system
- Coverage of the system’s complex, wide-ranging functionality by autotests
- Integration of automated testing with CI/CD
- User-friendly and prompt reporting functionality
We undertook the following major testing automation stages:
- Discovery of the client’s needs
- Analysis of the client’s current system
- Adoption of suitable automated testing types
- Fine tune
- Test data preparation and development of automated test cases
- Launch of automated testing and report generation
- Ongoing maintenance
Benefits for the Customer
As part of our cooperation, we helped the customer achieve the following outcomes:
● Architect a smooth, scalable testing automation process for its system’s functional capabilities
● Configure the launch of tests in the CI/CD environment and identify shortcomings faster and earlier. What we mean by ‘shortcomings’ here is application defects of any kind, such as bugs. We set up scheduled auto-test launches, so when an employee gets to a workplace in the morning, they see a report that contains the results of running (or not running) tests — and the tests can be run at any time, 24/7. If something malfunctions or simply does not work as intended, the employee is notified straight away and passes the issue to developers who can then swiftly fix it. It is of vital importance because the sooner the defect is discovered, the cheaper it is to remove, meaning it will not ultimately reach the production stage and by proxy, the user. As a result, we see more affordable resolution expenses and faster release times
● Cover part of the client’s system functionality with autotests
● Generate insightful and readily available results of automatic tests
● Obtain information on test stats thanks to our data-driven testing framework and user-friendly visualization of that data, made accessible from an intuitive interface
● Share these reports not only with the tech team, but also with business people since they are written in plain English and include screenshots and logs. They also show general automated testing indicators, such as time used to run, the total number of tests carried out, the passed versus failed scenarios diagram, and much more.
Read to learn more about our automated testing services and JuNaSe, our license-free full-cycle automated testing and quality assurance solution.